Paradeus (帕拉蒂斯) is a German violent non-state actor described as a terrorist group and a cult. It acts as the third antagonistic faction of Girls' Frontline introduced in Continuum Turbulence. Before its true name was revealed in Isomer, it was only known as The White Faction due to their primary color. Possessing advanced technology, it recruits Yellow Zone populations by promising them a cure for ELID. Paradeus' motto is the Rossartrist slogan “The shining beacon in a brave new world”, the same as Griffin & Kryuger.
The apparent leader of Paradeus is William von Oberstein, a 90wish member with access to advanced Relic Technology, who the Paradeus members call "Father" or "Master". Aside from forming fanatic communities and militias in Yellow Zones, Paradeus uses a technology known as "Technical Theory of Biological Human Automation" to create more-than-human soldiers and operates a powerful surveillance apparatus called the Bee Sting System. Their basic field troops like the Strelet are made from the bodies of ELID Infected, and they are led by the Nytos, who are clones blurring even further the line between human and machine and can be used in battle, as command units or even as body doubles to infiltrate the upper society. Paradeus units use a force field applying a percentage damage reduction to incoming attacks, which can be destroyed by Heavy Ordnance Corps.
The earliest known activity of Paradeus took place in Southern Germany, where an illegal orphanage was found to house multiple young Nyto clones. They also established a lab in the depths of the abandoned Paldiski Submarine Base near Tallinn, Estonia, on the site of a Starfish construct. K has been investigating Paradeus in Southern Europe for many years.
Paradeus intervened as a fourth party during the joint assault of Griffin and Kryuger and KCCO against Sangvis Ferri in 2064, after KCCO turned against G&K. The Nytos led the Paradeus troops in an effort to wipe out the remaining G&K troops, but they failed when the commanding Nyto Black was incapacitated by AR M4 SOPMOD IIM4 SOPMOD II and self-destructed. A separate force led by a Nyto White successfully captured the Commander before intending to sacrifice herself in an assault on the G&K forces coming to retrieve the Commander, claiming she would reach awakening. The Paradeus forces were pinned down when SMG RO635RO635 used her megaphone to lure ELID-infected toward them, but the Nyto White refused to attack them, calling them “the Baptized” and opening herself to a headshot from RF M82A1M82A1 .
Paradeus treated the Commander's radiation poisoning during nine weeks before interrogating them to determine the whereabouts of Squad 404, Angelia and Elisa. Squad 404 and G&K raided the base and rescued the Commander, but they encountered Paradeus again three months later while searching for an informant possessing information about Angelia in Belgrade.
- William von Oberstein (leader)
- Named Nytos
- Pandora (RPK-16)
Nytos (sometimes called “Baptized”) are humans whose consciousness has been physically embodied and functions like a Neural Cloud, which enable them to interface with digital networks like Tactical Dolls, but also exposes them to hacking. This biological neural cloud has been dubbed Virtual Cognition Image.
Paradeus creates Nytos from young girls (there are no known male Nytos) who have been acquired through human trafficking, kidnapping of survivors of a Iaso's Box, or through cloning. Clones have an appearance close to AR M4A1M4A1 . Many Nytos have their bodies modified with cybernetic enhancements, but they still bleed like normal humans. Others remain mostly unmodified save for their brain, making them closer to humans, depending on the manner Paradeus intend to use them. Cybernetic enhancements typically include replacement of the legs and arms and added head equipment for lower-ranked Nytos, while higher-ranked Nytos can receive less visible enhancements and attachable extra limbs for combat.
Because all known Nytos are considered imperfect, they are all technically Isomers, though they are rarely properly referred as such.
The hierarchy of Nytos is based on their closeness to William's ideal Nyto, and higher Nytos often despise lower ones. Higher-ranked Nytos tend to have white hair. Nyto Whites are considered to have a greater sense of self than Nyto Blacks and have complete authority over them, though they still share the same gestalt mind. Gray (Enemy) and Narciss had authority over Nyto Whites, while Morridow (Enemy) had authority over Gray and Narciss as their “Teacher” and “Big Sister” respectively. Higher-ranked Nytos don't emit the same characteristic signal as lower-ranked ones and refuse to be called Nytos, though there are no alternative name for them yet apart from descriptives like “augmented human”. The strict command hierarchy means Paradeus units not commanded by a Nyto will stop moving.
While Dandelion calls all Nytos "Isomers" as she sees them as imperfect copies, Persica uses this term for "failed" Nytos candidates who didn't live up to expectations and were abandoned by Paradeus. In chemistry, isomers are molecules with the same number and types of atoms, but organized differently.
Isomers aim to merge with a similar but perfected consciousness like their own to be liberated.
In Tallinn, the Isomers recognized the existence of four previous Chosen Ones while awaiting a fifth one who would liberate them:
- The first walked into the night with the inferior articles for Father. The black of night dyed the hems of her dress, and the flower blossoms withered within the cage of the fallen.
- The second was incomplete, and fell before she went out. The colors of evening froze her time, and the flower blossoms ceased to grow amidst eternal suffering.
- The third held her sisters' hands, and together they charged into the day. The sunlight shattered upon her black sleeves, and the flowers fell into the steely water without blooming.
- The fourth lost her friend, and lost her way within the fog. Her time has not yet come, and she merely lives by imitating her kin.
- Humanoid units
- Armored vehicles
- Other units
- Pyxis (turret platforms)
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Confidential Information VI
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Girls' Frontline, Continuum Turbulence, White Doll
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Girls' Frontline, Continuum Turbulence, Ground Zero
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Poincaré Recurrence, Falling Star lambda
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Fixed Point, E1-1
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Chapter 11-4E
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Girls' Frontline, Polarized Light, Causality Separating Plane
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Continuum Turbulence, Chapter 2
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Chapter 11-3
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Girls' Frontline, Isomer, Cat and Mouse III
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Girls' Frontline, Continuum Turbulence, For the Future
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Ariadne’s Clew I
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Balls and Vase
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, Sweet Dreams Box – End
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Cretan Labyrinth II
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Isomer, Shark and the Sea V
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Girls' Frontline, Polarized Light, Sintering
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Dreams on the Island of Dia IV
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Nameless Exiles II
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Fixed Point, E4-14
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Hemera Points to the Light III
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Night Festival
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Isomer, Faith of Blood I
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, Bridge of Eternity
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Mirror Stage, Absent
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Nameless Exiles II
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Isomer I
- ↑ Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, E2-5