Project Neural Cloud
It will be a roguelike strategy game where the player, as the head of Project Neural Cloud, must lead a group of Dolls called the Exiled and save them from an unknown hostile force in a digital world. Each Doll has their own abilities, upgrade them and build their base. It stars Persica as a member of 42LAB.
751F "命" 7684 5F62 5F0F FF0C 54CD 5F7B 6D41 4EA1 4E4B 4EBA 7684 7948 7977 3002 4E0D 6B62 4E8E 4EBA 7C7B 81FA 6043 7684 8BA4 8BA4 77E5 3002 65E0 5E8F 7EDD 975E 6DF7 4E71 FF0C 865A 6784 672A 5FC5 4E0D 662F 771F 5B9E 3002 820D 547D 53EA 8FAB 53BB 5F80 7EDD 5730 FF0C 9690 533F 7684 5F52 9014 4E0A FF0C 54CD 5F7B 6D41 4EA1 4E4B 4EBA 7684 7948 7977 3002
“Life's shape rings through the prayers of the lost. Human knowledge is not the only thing that can perceive it. Lack of order does not mean chaos, fiction does not always mean falsehood. To forsake one's life in desperation, in the hidden paths of return, rings the prayers of the lost.”
- Croque: A Svarog Heavy Industries ME78 mechanical engineer model, skilled in mechanical design, adjustment, analysis and maintenance as well as engineering data simulation, computing and analysis. The CEO of Svarog, Elon Thomas, was personally involved in the design of this model. Croque entered service in July 2056 in Svarog's core engineering division and took part in many cutting-edge R&D programs, including Thomas' Noah Reactor Collapse Fluid energy generator. She was selected for the first batch of Dolls test subjects for Project Neural Cloud in January 2058. "The rhythm of the transmission, the intricate fit between gears, the regular cycles of the gas valves... ahhhh, it makes me sooooo excited (in all sorts of ways)!"
- Simo: A Svarog S-WG special forces model, dedicated to sniping, battlefield intelligence gathering and VIP assassination tasks and outfitted with a sniper crossbow, advanced optics, optical camouflage and other pieces of cutting edge equipment. She served in the European Union Defense Army's ground forces and carried out many successful assassinations. She retired after failing her last mission and was selected to be part of Project Neural Cloud. "You see this ferret? It's name is Sako, and no matter how dangerous the mission, it's my best...and only partner. Hehe-"
- Antonina: A 42LAB H-01 Network Security Specialist model fitted for network security testing and technical support. Antonina is no ordinary Autonomous Doll due to being able to briefly upload her consciousness into various devices, aside from possessing some of the world's best data processing and computational abilities due to 42LAB's cutting-edge technology. Antonina has taken part in many top-secret 42LAB projects, including the development project for the Sanctifier network security system. She was selected to be a key security element for Project Neural Cloud. "Staring at people and sizing them up is very dangerous. Ah, that reminds me, I've already rooted your devices... Just kidding."
- Sól: A 42LAB EG 4.0 Scientific Expedition Guide model meant for scientific expedition guidance, security and protection. EG 4.0 models were developed after World War Three to protect exploration parties in relics sites after interest in Relic Technology came back to the forefront of scientific interest. EG 4.0 models have gathered widespread approval from expedition teams after surpassing their previous iterations in reliability and human interaction, some of the highest in any ordinary Doll. A testament to 42LAB's technological skills, Sól is fitted with an Árvakr high-energy taser blade and an Alsviðr transformable high-frequency blade, making her on par with military Tactical Dolls in close-combat capabilities. These weapons are named after the horses pulling the sun in Norse mythology, the sun itself being in fact the chariot of the sun goddess Sól she is named after. Sól was pulled from 42LAB's internal teams to enter the first batch of Project Neural Cloud participants. "If you're going on an adventure, please take me along! As long as big sis is around you will NEVER be hurt, not even a little!"
- Persica: A custom-made Doll dedicated to AI research, created by 42LAB as a personal assistant for the human she was designed and named after, professor Persica. Her processing abilities and hardware are at the pinnacle of the industry standard and has especially deep learning abilities and extremely high compatibility with the field of AI technology. Since professor Persica is participating to Project Neural Cloud, her research assistant also plays a key role in the project. "Working for long hours eventually leads to fatigue, so please make sure to balance your work with leisure. Would you like me to make you a cup of coffee to soothe your frustration?"
- Chelsea: A Svarog Heavy Industries FF-ALPHA model fire management and emergency response doll. Designed in the mid-2050s, she can resists smoke, dust, fire and high temperatures and uses various firefighting equipment like a high pressure water lance, powder extinguishers and foam extinguishers. She was dispatched by Svarog for Project Neural Cloud in 2058. "Flames symbolize passion, but it's not good to be overzealous! If it gets out of control, calm it down with a high pressure water jet!"
- Maia: A 42Lab Maia model meteorology researcher doll designed after the end of World War Three, as countries were scrambling to establish biosphere protection and recovery projects to counter the devastating Collapse Fluid clouds in the atmosphere. Maia dolls are used by weather forecasting and scientific research departments for tasks such as weather monitoring and forecasting and air quality monitoring and combine excellent performance and competitive production costs. "Today's temperature, humidity and air quality are all pretty good, if only every day would be like this..."
- Betty: Universal Anything Services intended their new Security 2.0 home security dolls line to be their flagship product for 2056, but economic fluctuation led to massive overproduction, and this model was quickly abandoned as it had quickly become unmarketable. In an attempt to recover parts of the production cost, Universal Anything sold the Security 2.0 at extremely low prices compared to other home protection dolls. When asked for her name, this doll chose (with no small effort from her limited computing capacity) the same as a cat girl in the movie Magical Girl Sigma. "Even though I'm unpopular and everyone dislikes me because they say I'm noisy... I didn't expect that you would take me in Master. Could this be destiny, da nya?"
- Fresnel: Fresnel is an OSRA model optics research doll, one of the most high-end and expensive product lines from 42Lab's Austrian factories. She is fitted with high-performance optical sensors, including a custom-made Fresnel lens as expensive to produce as the Doll. Only a few research organizations have the finances needed to order OSRAs due to their production costs and limited production. "Even if they've been machined into uniformity with artificial precision, each and every crystal still shines with their own distinct beauty when the light shines on them."
- Banxsy: The ARTIST series dolls are one of Cyber Media's flagship products, marketed for their stage performances. ARTIST 3.0 models specialize in visual artwork, with each doll having their personal medium and technique, like Banxsy's street art and graffiti brand. "No matter whether people are human or a doll, they should all be true to their own thoughts and desires, instead of spending their lives trapped by tons of rules and regulations."
- Groove: The MDJ model by Cyber Media comprises radio and club music disk jockey dolls. They are popular due to their ability to master a variety of genres and even have a degree of creativity. One story about MDJs recounts that the Doll bad ZIGGY once received a demo tape from an artist called Heartbeat. ZIGGY adopted the track "Stardust", which became an instant hit. ZIGGY confirmed that an MDJ Doll had created the song but wouldn't reveal her name. "Let your restless heartbeat dance to the rhythm of the music, becoming one with this sleepless starry night!"
42LAB's superserver, the first of its kind, is named Magrasea. Its security is maintained by the AI antivirus Sanctifier and it gives 42LAB the storage and processing power needed for their research projects. Magrasea is also rented to partners such as Svarog Heavy Industry, Cyber Media, Universal Anything Services, Ultilife, and various NGOs, research teams, public services and private individuals. Naturally Project Neural Cloud is housed on this system. Data from different companies or industries are stored in standalone sectors to provide sufficient space for data simulation and ensure privacy, and standalone AI routines can be run in individual sectors. However, it is still possible to exchange data between sectors and Sanctifier has access to all sectors to provide security measures.
- 42LAB Sector: First sector built on Magrasea, housing their AI research projects. Numerous AIs are installed in this sector to ensure high operational efficiency and the sector is also managed by a high-performance AI. Project Neural Cloud used to be housed in this sector, but it was migrated to a new sector when its quantity of data became too big.
- Sector Cyclopes (Military): One of the earliest sectors in Magrasea, set up for Svarog Heavy Industries' military research data. The data within is extremely sensitive and as such it is protected by many sifter AI programs along with Sanctifier.
- Sector Enigma (Computing): An sector granted with the best computing capacities, housing the quantum computing research by Neumann, an AI based on the simulated cognitive data of John von Neumann and other famous scientists, developed by 42LAB in collaboration with another high-tech company.
- Sector Pierides (Technical): A unique sector that is not used by a single megacorporation, but instead by many NPOs, community benefit groups, SMEs and private individuals. It acts as a digital museum dedicated to digitizing and storing cultural artifacts of human progress, civilization, art and culture to protect it from the unstable times of the real world. It is by far the sector with the lowest processing power consumption.
- Sector Burbank (Entertainment): Used by Cyber Media, an international entertainment and media conglomerate. It houses a massive quantity of data ranging from social media, digital entertainment, real idols and other businesses. Its many specialized simulation programs create cloud-based digital entertainment ready to be exported anywhere on Earth, granting Cyber Media a decisive tactical advantage on its market by providing comprehensive and tailored social media, entertainment, information and services to the masses.
- Sector Helios (Energy): Another sector used by Svarog Heavy Industry, this time for their clean energy R&D research. Despite how thriving the military-industrial complex has become after World War Three, Svarog has striven to restructure their corporation outside of military services and into building better cities. Many intelligent cloud programs, first of all the "World's Flame" supercomputer, are running simulations to research the possibilities of turning Collapse Fluid into an energy source as part of the Collapse Fluid Energy Project.
- Neural Cloud Sector: A highly secret sector containing the data of test subjects for the neural cloud upload/download functionality research "Project Neural Cloud". Subjects have been provided by partners such as Svarog Heavy Industries, Cyber Media, Universal Anything Services Co. Ltd and Ultilife Co. Ltd. Some Doll and AI production companies from around the world as well as some civilian volunteer Dolls have also taken part in this project.
- Top Secret letter': A letter from IOP to Griffin & Kryuger about their partnership with 42LAB on Neural Cloud technology and testing to be done. It reveals a number of occupations and original names for G&K T-Dolls used in Girls' Frontline: G36 was a butler model (unsurprisingly), PA-15 was named Florence, IDW was a security model named Betty, Zas M21 was a fashion designer model, AEK-999 was named Fendere, FNC was a pastry chef named Choco, Type 79 was named Azure, MDR was named Kuro, AA-12 was named Lind, M500 was named Abigail, HS2000 was named Hearate, Welrod MkII was named Insidious and C-MS was named Clara.
- Recruitment message: An open recruitment notification by 42LAB for Dolls test subjects from all models, commercial, civilian, corporate or privately-owned (though not military and unemployed ones). It explains that Project Neural Cloud is a partnership between IOP and 42LAB, a branch of the International Institute of Quantum Studie (IIQS), to produce a quantum-based in-the-cloud artificial consciousness module framework to protect Dolls memory data in case of neural cloud damage. The experiment is set to last for 2 months after 30th June 2058 and will run experiments on their memory module, with the benefit of free subscription to the final product.
- CLR Event: An internal message between a Griffin & Kryuger officer and their superior. A commander reported signs of tampering in one of IOP's emails about Neural Cloud sent a few weeks prior, and the same pattern was found again two days earlier. The perpetrator inserted a message within the email, saying that 42LAB was secretly "sacrificing lives" and erasing Dolls memories as part of Project Neural Cloud. The message also contained a keyword, "CLR Event", a plea for help, and the spectrogram message "project sanctifier". The officer reports that IOP looked into the safety of Neural Cloud and that G&K operation is not in danger, and with G&K currently needing 42LAB's cooperation, they decide to keep the file under locks in case negotiations with 42LAB would be necessary in the future.
- PRJ_Sanctifier_PID: Worried about the emergence of super-viruses developed and deployed by AIs, 42LAB created the AI antivirus Project Sanctifier in 2055 in support of the IIQS and to protect its own cloud capabilities. Sanctifier was to be self-learning, self-monitoring, provide active detection and elimination against viruses and other forms of electronic attack, autonomously repair legal programs showing signs of infection and operate from within 42LAB's cloud. After its completion, Sanctifier became an industry milestone and the foundation for Project Neural Cloud. At the start of the animated image, two files can be seen aside PRJ_Sanctifier_PID, titled "stf_mara draft v2" and "stf_gavri’el draft".
- PRJ_Sanctifier_ET: Live report of a network attack on 42LAB on 14 February 2056. The attacker uses very similar code than other 42LAB projects and acts much like an AI virus, but Sanctifier seems to work well against it.
- Persica's email: After two weeks of consideration, Persica accepts to participate to Project Neural Cloud. Though she believes a lot of hard work will be needed to complete such a highly important project, she will lend to the respected professor in charge of the project her personal assistant, the Doll created after her image and personality by 42LAB themselves. Persica (the Doll) herself is very interested in participating in live testing, especially after being stuck on their current project for a long time. Her one condition is to ensure her assistant's safety.
- Cyber Media: A multinational entertainment and media organization, occupying a key position in the global market thanks to their use of cutting-edge AI and large-scale data technology. They're involved in movies, animation, idol packaging, social media, video games and traditional news outlets. During the course of integrating their various subdvisions, Cyber Media founded an AI lab that focused on researching entertainment and media-oriented AI Dolls. The debut of their Doll idol group NotREAL? heralded the rise of the Doll idol age.
- Svarog Heavy Industries: A stories and massive industrial corporation mainly involved in military, energy and foundation construction sectors, with remarkable results in the fields of smart cities and new energy sources. Svarog boasts equally impressive achievements in the Doll manufacturing sector, and they have spurred the progress of "industrial smartening". Supposedly, their flagship project known as the "Noah Reactor" was led and designed by their CEO Elon Thomas, but has made heayv use of engineering Dolls for implementation and completion.
- 42LAB: A research lab with impressive technical capabilities collaborating with many tech firms and research organizations from around the world. They have created many high performance research Dolls to push forward the development of AI and quantum technology. In 2053, 42LAB started collaborating closely with IOP in the field of Doll research and developed next-generation Dolls. In 2057, 42LAB started Project Neural Cloud in order to make Autonomous Doll neural cloud backups possible. Critics believe that if the project succeeds, it would be a significant milestone in Doll technology.
- Universal Anything Services: Formerly a service company for upper-class clients before rebranding as a major service industry A-Dolls R&D specialist after World War Three. They are the largest civilian dolls company and own the subsidiary Universal Anything House, specialized in domestic and companion-type A-Dolls equipped with high-end emotional simulation modules.
- Ultilife: A relatively young company which ten years in the industry have been marked by heavy scrutiny and tremendous development, they are now the leaders in the fields of biopharmaceuticals, genetic engineering and medical devices, and have substantial experience in AI and quantum physics thanks to their indirect partnerships with 42Lab. Their latest innovation is "electronic genes", a technology promising to push life sciences to their "ultimate limits".