The Pan-European Union (泛欧联盟), sometimes Pan-European Cooperation Initiative, is a supranational union of countries in Europe. It appears to be the post-World War Three equivalent of the European Union (欧洲联盟), which was disbanded at some point after the German Civil War became an international conflict in late 2044. Rossartrist agent Gilda Ulrich is one of the most prominent members of the Union as the chairwoman of the Union's executive committee, supervising European economic institutions and reconstruction plan.
It is currently unknown whether the Union still upholds the African neocolonialist policies started by the old European Union in the latter half of the 2030s and into the 2040s.
The Pan-European Alliance (泛欧军盟) or Pan-European Military Alliance (泛欧州军事联盟) is the federated armed force of the Union. The Alliance existed at the time of the the European Union and was instrumental in the early development of Tactical Dolls in the 2030s. Post-war talks to join the Alliance were met with fierce resistance from some elements within the Neo-Soviet Union, especially the KCCO.
The Pan-European Convention on Mutual Assistance in Reconstruction (泛欧重建互助委员会) is a group dedicated to the reclamation of territories lost to war and Collapse contamination, and relief for European yellow zones population. Its executive officer is Mirko Milošević, but Chairwoman Ulrich also holds some power within PECMAR.
PECMAR is plagued by limited funds and lack of financial support from local governments. Even in regions close to important population centers like Bremen, it is limited to restoring basic habitability and providing some food relief, and is unable to prevent drug trafficking and terrorist activities. PECMAR also meets local resistance from ultranationalist groups like the German Independence Party, who consider refugees should receive no support in favor of existing population.
Presence in Europe
The Free Hanseatic City of Bremen is considered part of the German Democratic Republic (“East Germany”) after World War Three despite being historically part of West Germany, and German ultranationalists have commented about the “Volkgemeinschaft having fallen to the Soviet”, implying the territory of Germany is part of the Neo-Soviet Union rather than the Pan-European Union. However, Chairwoman Ulrich, who represented the Pan-European Union during the Belgrade peace talks, is also based in Bremen.
Belgrade is considered neutral grounds for political encounters with the Neo-Soviet Union, implying the Northern Balkans are not part of the Union (Serbia as a country is not mentioned). One can note that Belgrade is where the 1956 Non-Aligned Movement forum of nations was formed.
Based on the fact that Griffin & Kryuger and the KCCO used the intercontinental railway unopposed during the Tallinn and Paldiski Submarine Base expeditions, Estonia would be part of the Neo-Soviet Union, though it is uninhabitable due to contamination.
Diplomatic relations with the Neo-Soviet Union
In 2064, PECMAR's Mirko Milošević was to meet in Belgrade with plenipotentiary ambassador Vasily Vasilievich Roshchin of the Neo-Soviet Council of Mutual Assistance in Europe, part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to open discussions on resolving territorial disputes, with the United Nations spectating. Milošević was replaced at the last minute by Ulrich.
Havier Witkin suspected that Roshchin defending Ulrich with his life and the involvement of Griffin & Kryuger during the Paradeus assault on the meeting was a premeditated plan of Neo-Soviet diplomacy to gather the approval of the European opinion, while Zelinski suspected Milošević had purposely sent Ulrich in his place to avoid any danger and create an opportunity for harsher diplomatic demands. Milošević and the Southern European nations were nevertheless won over by the demonstration and agreed to the terms on two intercontinental railway construction projects.
- Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Confidential File I
- Girls' Frontline, Isomer, Illusory Peace IV
- The Art of Girls' Frontline Vol.2, Confidential Files, Chapter 2, Griffin’s Dairy 205X
- The Art of Girls' Frontline Vol.2, Confidential Files, Chapter 3, The Aftermath and Aftereffects of the German Uprising
- The Art of Girls' Frontline Vol.2, Confidential Files, Chapter 3, The Fuse - The German Social Democratic Movement Before World War III
- Girls' Frontline, Singularity, Last Resort I
- The Art of Girls' Frontline Vol.1, Confidential Files, The Era of Production-Model Skeletal-Frame Robots
- Girls' Frontline, Chapter 11-6
- Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, House of Cards
- Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, Spiderweb
- Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, Infernal Enlightenment V
- Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, The Curtain Rises I
- Girls' Frontline, Dual Randomness, Infernal Enlightenment IV
- Girls' Frontline, Isomer, Illusory Peace I
- Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Confidential File V
- Girls' Frontline, Shattered Connexion, Confidential Information I