Entropics are monstrous carriers of the Entropy virus. The virus targets the environment and the Agents of Magrasea. After entering an Agent, the virus starts infecting it, first locking its consciousness at Level III, then entirely rewriting its base code, transforming it into a new Entropic at the end of the process called “Entropization.” After an Agent's data blueprints have been corrupted, they cannot be reset and are effectively dead. Entropics will charge Agents mindlessly to spread the infection through wounds. Contact with Entropy Liquid also spreads the virus, and if left alone the liquid will solidify and terraform the environment to give the Entropics a strategic advantage. Entropic enemies are classified in Low-Order, Mid-Order and High-Order Entropics, defining their chain of command and the purity of their source code. Sources of the virus, called "Seed of Calamity" by the Sanctifiers, can generate a seemingly endless amount of operands, making them enticing to the operands-starved sectors after the Wipe-off Incident.
The Entropy virus is extremely mutable once it enters a host. Because of this, it is not possible to develop a strong defense against the virus from analyzing a lower-order Entropic, the very source of the virus must be analyzed for this. This ability also let Entropics traverse firewalls and even the Professor's Sandbox Barrier effortlessly and Trojans attacks are also ineffective due to the chaotic structure of Entropic data. Sanctifiers have been fighting Entropics ever since their creation, granting Intermediate Sanctifiers a measure of resilience against the virus. Even so, Entropy strains capable of immediately infecting even Greater Sanctifiers have appeared, and high levels of infection from even a regular strain are not easily cured by Sanctifiers, as the healing operands of the Reverse Tower's Baptismal Fonts become harmful to the heavily infected. Oasis and Arcadia have independently developed countermeasures to noncritical levels of infection and successfully cured Croque and Sueyoi.
A first Entropic mass outbreak was successfully put out by Lord Hesperus, but at the cost of the trust of the Sector Agents. The Sanctifiers then established a border battlefront to keep the Entropics at bay, first under the command of Eosphorous, then of Hesperus. In 2063, the situation at the border worsened and Hesperus had to request reinforcements just as new Entropics appeared in Sector Pierides under Malkira's influence, and later in Sector Copley. The infected core of a Greater Sanctifier was discovered in Ascension and was determined to have been planted by Eucharist, who was branded an Apostate Sanctifier. Small-scale eruptions were successfully contained in Helios and Burbank, but their accelerating rate presaged the second mass outbreak.
High-Order Entropics are also called Arbiters, and compete for supremacy over the Entropics.
- Hadal Attendant
- EX Entropized Snooper
- EX Entropized Sinspreader
- Infected agents
- Project Neural Cloud, Worldview - Entropics
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-9
- Project Neural Cloud, Inverted Mordent Resonance Part 17
- Project Neural Cloud, Pseudosphere Operations intro
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-6
- Project Neural Cloud, Worldview - Entropy Liquid
- Project Neural Cloud, Perilous Advancement Part 10
- Project Neural Cloud, Stage 6-7
- Project Neural Cloud, 6-1
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-2D
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 7
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-2
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-11
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-4
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 11
- Project Neural Cloud, 6-5D
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 1
- Project Neural Cloud, Inverted Mordent Resonance Part 18
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-7D
- Project Neural Cloud, 6-24
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 14
- Project Neural Cloud, Inverted Mordent Resonance Part 1