|Full name||Spikes Tactical 10th Anniversary AR-15, Spikes Tactical Pipe Hitters SBR (Mod 3 Secondary Armament)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Faction||AR Team, Griffin & Kryuger, DEFY|
|Voice actor||Katou Emiri|
|Artist||LIN+ (Original Artist);|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations. For details regarding animations, please see Animations on the Wiki.
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Not craftable.
DROP Not obtainable as a drop.
REWARD Rewarded to players after clearing chapter 3-6 for the first time. This AR ST AR-15ST AR-15 will be Lv.40 and at 3x Dummy Links.
Stats / Data
The AR-15 is a lightweight, magazine-fed, air-cooled semi-automatic rifle with a rotating-lock bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas-operation or long/short stroke piston operation, and chambered for an intermediate caliber cartridge. The term "AR-15" stands for "Armalite rifle, design 15". The trademark "AR15" or "AR-15" is registered to Colt, which requires the term to be used only to refer to their products. Colt uses "AR-15" for its semi-automatic civilian rifles, and thus many use the term only for Colt-made AR-15 rifles and clones made by other manufacturers.
Many other manufacturers make AR-15 clones and variants marketed under separate designations, although these are frequently referred to as AR-15s. The prototype AR-15 rifle was designed by American arms designer Eugene Stoner, who at the time was working for the ArmaLite company. It was designed to be a selective fire weapon for military purposes, and was meant to be an improvement on Stoner's earlier rifle, the AR-10. Armalite sold the AR-15 design to Colt due to financial difficulties. After some modifications, the rifle eventually became the US Army's M16 rifle. A civilian version was marketed as the Colt AR-15 rifle.
Because AR-15 receivers and parts are widely manufactured, the weapon is considered extremely modular and adaptable to a variety of different functions, uses, and firing performances. Various receivers and barrels in a wide array of calibers allow the AR-15 to function at many different ranges and in a number of roles. Many aftermarket parts can provide the rifle with a tactical feel, with options ranging from picatinny rails to MLOK allowing different accessories to be mounted on the rifle.
ST AR-15 is designed by the Concept Design Manager of MICA Team, LIN+. LIN+ commented on AR-15's design in the official artbook for Girls Frontline:
All four members of AR Team are sister guns derived from the original AR-15 designed by Eugene Stoner. When it came to designing her, a lot of reference were made to M4A1, whose design had already been finalized at the time by UmiNeko. Various design features such as a selectively dyed side fringe, sleeve logo, color palette, and various other elements. （AR小队的四个人都是由尤金·斯通纳设计的AR15原型发展而来的姐妹枪，所以设计的时候也参考了海猫当时已经完成的M4A1，选取了共同的挑染，袖标，和标识色等元素。）
At the same time, the costume leans more towards a civilian feel. I chose things such as leather boots and skirts, combinations reflecting her background as a civilian firearm.（同时在服装上更偏向日常，选用了皮鞋和连衣裙等比较常见的搭配，以贴合AR15民用枪支的属性。）
Considering AR-15 is a more outgoing girl, her early drafts had more fashionable/flamboyant clothing designs. However, considering her role within the AR Team and the fact that excessively complex outfits can lead to a lack of deviation in future artworks, her outfit was simplified for the finalized design.（早期设定可以看出，以前的AR15性格上是比较活泼的，服装也比较复杂，后来考虑到小队里的角色定位，以及服装太复杂可能会影响同人创作而做了简化。）
The rifle she uses is based off the Spikes Tactical 10th anniversary AR-15. It sports a 16" barrel and a longer hang-guard. After receiving her neural upgrade, ST AR-15's main rifle has its receiver group changed to a MEGA ARMS-made .300 BLK compatible receiver. She also gained a sidearm with the upgrade. Her secondary armament is the Spikes Tactical Pipe Hitters 8" barrel Short Barrel Rifle, also modified to chamber .300 BLK.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
Section of ST AR-15's page from The Arts of Girls' Frontline volume 1, showcasing character costume design below the coat.
Modification 3 character design sheet produced by LIN+ (Doll)
Modification 3 character design sheet produced by LIN+ (Weapon)
Modification 3 character design sheet produced by LIN+ (Ending)
ST AR-15 centered DEFY wallpaper produced by LIN+
Shattered Connexion stage 1 login wallpaper Illustrated by 藤原海藻
Shattered Connexion stage 2 login wallpaper Illustrated by Paindude
Shattered Connexion stage 3 login wallpaper Illustrated by SWAV
- ST AR-15 and AR M4 SOPMOD IIM4 SOPMOD II are the only two dolls able to equip two accessory-type equipment pieces at the same time.
- For 4 years, she was the only member of the AR Team that had an additional costume outside of her Digimind Upgrade. This is no longer the case with the introduction of the "Sleepwalking in Rabbit Wonderland" costume sets and the 4th anniversary procurement pool "Banquet Sonata" for the CN server.
- She is the only automatic rifle T-Doll in the AR Team to use the .300 BLK cartridge. The cartridge was designed in response to military demand for AR-15s using a shortened 7.62mm round, without compromising on magazine capacity or reliability. The .300 BLK is capable of fitting inside 5.56x45mm STANAG magazines with no issues, although the gun itself needs to have it's barrel switched to the correct bore size in order to fire the cartridge without destroying it in the process.
- During Singularity ST AR-15 was an obtainable drop from the hidden mission of E2 "Survivor" (CN/TW/KR Only), as a means of providing a 'second chance' for players who ignored all in-game warnings and retired their copy of ST AR-15. Though players can only obtain her through this way once, and those who already have a unit of ST AR-15 in their arsenal cannot obtain a duplicate through this way. With the introduction of the index recovery system, this kind of looting system will probably never occur again.
- Despite the fact that she is both named after and is using a Spikes Tactical-made AR-15, in her formation quote she still addresses herself as 'Colt AR-15'. This is likely a mistake.
- In the official Chinese manhua, it is revealed that ST AR-15 wears a harness under her coat that stores pistol magazines.
- The placement of her angled foregrip would likely make handling the weapon awkward as AR-15's arms may be too short to properly maintain a firing stance at the distance her foregrip is set to. It does look pretty cool, though.
- The forward placement of the foregrip is likely a reference to MAGPUL's Art of the Carbine series starring former special forces members Chris Costa and Travis Haley, in which they teach the viewers the c-clamp and thumb-over-bore shooting techniques that eventually popularized the "tacticool" tropes in pop culture. Said video would go on to become a massive influence on modern gun culture--most notably in America and Japan. The technique involved gripping the handguard of the rifle as far forward as possible in order to maximize recoil management and allow the user to more quickly engage multiple targets by increasing their ability to drive the rifle from target to target. While the technique is not as widespread as it once used to be, some variations and fundamentals of it are still utilized in modern shooting stances and techniques by both high level competition shooters and special operations units throughout the world. The angled foregrip ST AR-15 uses on her rifle was originally designed by Magpul specifically to improve the operator's ability to utilize c-clamp and thumb-over-bore techniques more effectively while shooting.
- A rough estimate of ST AR-15's height based on the barrel length of her rifle would put her at around roughly 5'0 or 152 cm. This would make attempting to c-clamp the rifle at the position of the angled foregrip with someone of her stature quite difficult.
- In the opening scene of the Girls' Frontline: Healing Chapter anime, ST AR-15 is shown firing her weapon in automatic fire. While officially a civilian AR-15 is not capable of automatic fire, it is entirely possible to have it do so by either jury-rigging an automatic trigger sear (which is not recommended, unless one is an experienced gunsmith), or replacing the entire trigger assembly with that of a mil-spec AR-15 platform capable of doing so.
- It is possible for ST AR-15 to achieve pseudo-automatic fire through the use of a binary trigger or a forced reset trigger, which allows the AR-15 platform to simulate automatic fire by resetting the trigger of the gun as the gun cycles. It is not normally possible to install an auto sear in an AR-15 platform as the lower receiver intentionally lacks the compartment to house the auto sear.
- The 16-inch barrel that ST AR-15 uses is actually the shortest legal length that a rifle can be configured in for the American civilian market.
- The actual length of a AR-15 barrel after the installation of a muzzle device sits at about roughly 17.5 inches.
|List of T-Dolls|