|Full name||Universale Maschinenpistole 9mm Parabellum|
|Country of origin||Germany|
|Manufacturer||Heckler & Koch|
Modified self into a T-Doll through illegal means.
|Voice actor||Noto Mamiko|
|Artist||ZAGALA (Original Artist);|
GINGALA (Digimind Upgrade, Wayfarer of the Profound);
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations. For details regarding animations, please see Animations on the Wiki.
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 2:15:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP 4-4E, 5-4, 5-5, 5-6, 5-2E, 6-2, 6-5, 6-2E, 7-5, 7-6, 7-1E, 8-5, 8-1E, 8-3E, 9-2, 9-6, 10-1, 10-4, 11-2, 11-1E
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
Stats / Data
Even after the introduction of the MP5 and its subsequent market success, German firearms firm Heckler & Koch continued to work on select-fire close quarter combat SMGs. One of the projects that came out of this continued development and improvement process was the UMP (Universale Maschinenpistole) series of weapons. This family of small arms would be officially marketed as the successor to the venerable MP5.
All UMP series SMGs are selective fire, recoil operated, and fire from a closed bolt. Three main variants of the UMP platform were developed: a version in 9x19mm Parabellum, a model in .45 ACP, and a variant in .40 S&W. Compared to the older MP5, which used the more complicated roller-delayed system also found in the G3 rifle, the UMPs was advertised to be simpler, more reliable, more modern, and cheaper to produce. Other common features of the UMP SMGs are Picatinny rails placements along the top, bottom, and both sides of the front handguard, as well as a foldable buttstock.
As the name signifies, the UMP9 is the UMP variant chambered for the 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge. Like the other two main variants, the UMP9 features a 2-round burst fire mode, in addition to the more standard semi-automatic and fully automatic firing modes. The UMP9 has a standard barrel length of 200mm, and is able to achieve a cyclic rate of fire of around 600-650 rounds per minute, feeding from a 30-round double-stacked magazine. The effective firing range is listed as being close to 100m.
The UMP9 is the lightest of the three main UMP variants, weighting 2.3 kilograms unloaded, which is almost 0.2 kilograms lighter than the MP5 it was designed to replace, which chambers the same cartridge. The UMP9's light weight is achieved by the weapon's extensive use of polymer in its construction. Polymer was also selected to be a primary build component due to it being more resistant to corrosion than steel.
Similar to the UMP45, the UMP9 has been widely exported to other nations, and can be found in service among various military groups, special forces units, and law enforcement organizations from around the world.
Different from the other T-Dolls illustrated by infukun, the design art for both UMP9 and her twin sister SMG UMP45UMP45 were tagged under his alias 'ZAGALA', indicating the initial design for these dolls were not originally from their illustrator. In the official artbook for Girls Frontline, a few comments can be found regarding UMP9's design:
"The design phase for UMP9 was fairly obscure. We flipped through a lot of data (on the weapon) while thinking about what to do." (看到UMP9的时候其实是相当迷茫的。去找了很多资料然后一边想着“啊这要怎么做”)
"The weapon's exterior shape does not look too different from UMP45, apart from that curved magazine. Though the (cartridge's) stopping power is slightly reduced, the rate of fire appears to compensate for this." (外形上看起来和UMP45没有什么太大的区别，除了那个弯曲的弹匣；威力虽然要差一点，不过射速也弥补了这个缺憾。)
"Since they are sisters, shouldn't they be the same? So they came out to be the same. But the curved magazine must signify something, resulting in a different hair style being being used while drawing her." (既然是姐妹那就一样的吧？于是就一样了。不过想着弯掉的弹匣总会代表什么，所以就顺势画了不一样的发型。)
"Her personality setting is also different... perhaps this is the greatest difference 9 has when compared to UMP45, from an obvious perspective that is." (性格也截然不同呢…这或许就是这孩子和UMP45最大的差异，在显而易见的层面上。)
Similar to her twin sister, UMP9 also wears an outfit consisting of a hoody, shirt, short skirt, and black tights. 9 appears to be wearing a pair of boots with a slightly different design from her sister. 9's hair style and color are also different, with 9 having twin ponytails with a lighter hue of brown with a hint of orange. 9 is also missing the exo-skeleton equipment that her sister uses.
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game. For information on how to obtain certain costumes, see Skin Catalogue.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
Girls Frontline Orchestra 2018 promotion poster, character art illustrated by Duoyuanjun
Shattered Connexion login wallpaper Illustrated by 藤原海藻
Shattered Connexion login wallpaper Illustrated by Paindude
Shattered Connexion login wallpaper Illustrated by SWAV
Fixed Point Login wallpaper illustrated by ???.
- The scar over the right eye was intentionally left not repaired by 9, likely in order to match more closely with her sister. A similar scar over the opposite eye can be found on UMP45.
- The origin of her scar is explained in UMP9's MOD3 story. Prior to meeting UMP45 and Task Force 404, UMP9 went under the name "Reina". After UMP45 saves her from her former employer, Reina slashes her own eye to get a scar that matches UMP45's. She had intended to slash her left eye to have a scar identical to UMP45's, but slashed her right eye instead, resulting in the scar being over the opposite eye
- Her sister UMP45 has a fore-grip attachment on her weapon while 9 does not. It has been suggested that 9's weapon lacking a fore-grip attachment reflects her personality and her position within a squad, perhaps showing that she is unable to (or less able to) 'handle' situations compared to her sister (没有把握).
- Such a claim is further supported by 9's interactions with other characters throughout the story. At various points in the story, she shows a lack of confidence in her abilities, to the point of panicking when she had to take command and be in charge after her sister was forced out of action temporarily.
- The song UMP9 sings with the Bunny Microphone furniture is "500 Miles" composed by Hedy West and sung by the group 'Peter, Paul, and Mary' in 1962. Although, it seems that 9 forgets the lyrics halfway through the verse.
|List of T-Dolls|