Stats / Data
Crime is unclassified.
- Jurisdiction - Conviction: Physical DEF is increased by 500%, vast majority of damage taken is shared with Punishment.
- Augural Scrutiny (8s): Deals Physical Damage equal to 600% ATK, applying Adjudication to all enemies hit for 10 seconds.
- Judicious Condemnation (4s): Deals Physical Damage equal to 300% ATK in an area in front. If a target with Adjudication is hit, Adjudication is removed. The target will be affected by Traction and placed around self.
Crime and Punishment are bosses of the story event Aberrance's Chain.
Lore / Story involvement
Crime and Punishment were once a single Greater Sanctifier named Judgment, and still exist as a unit within the Sacred Canon, but were separated into two Special Intermediates due to an unknown incident. Crime is the male, judge, lazy and reluctant side of Judgment, while Punishment is the female, executor and eager side, who holds authority over Crime.
The Tribunal was dispatched to relieve Ascension Sector's administrator Elaugh from her duties after the Sanctifiers noticed her irregular behavior, but she refused to comply and Crime charged her of creating "engines of blasphemy" and committing heresy. However, Punishment failed to strip her of her administrator rights, as she had already transferred them to the False God to awaken it. As the Tribunal proved no match for the irregular entity, Punishment ordered Crime to ignore Hesperus' orders and to fuse into Judgment to bring it down.
Judgment easily subdued the False God and broke its head open to recover the Greater Sanctifier Core powering it, but they were attacked by the powerful Entropy it contained, which contaminated Punishment's half of Judgment. To save Crime, Punishment separated again, then transferred her last clean operands to Crime so he could assume a partial Judgment form again, and Crime reluctantly purged Punishment. He then left to report on the incident at the Reverse Tower of Babylon after carrying out Hesperus' order to reset Ascension Sector, though the Guardians managed to stop the process with their Haven System.
- Project Neural Cloud, 5-1D
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Information Fragment IV
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 7
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Stage 11
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Stage 13
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 11
- Project Neural Cloud, Aberrance's Chain, Part 12