|Full name||Special/Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun|
|Country of origin||Italy|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Kobori Miyuki|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations. For details regarding animations, please see Animations on the Wiki.
How to obtainEdit
NORMALHEAVY Timer 7:40:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Not obtainable as a drop.
REWARD Obtained as a career quest reward for clearing 5-2. This SG SPAS-12 SPAS-12 will be Lv.65 and at 3x Dummy Links.
There is no exclusive equipment for this T-Doll.
Stats / DataEdit
The SPAS-12 (Special/Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun) is a combat shotgun originally designed in 1979 by Italian arms company Franchi. As a dual mode shotgun, it can be switched between semi-automatic or pump action usage by holding a button underneath the pump and moving it forwards or backwards; this is to allow use of both lethal and less-lethal rounds, as less-lethal rounds are not powerful enough to reliably cycle rounds in semi-auto mode. Although initially designed for police and military forces, it was sold in the United States civilian market as the Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun starting in 1990, with a reduced magazine capacity and a fixed stock. However, it was banned from sale in 1994 with the passing of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban; although this ban was lifted in 2004, Franchi had already discontinued the SPAS-12 in 2000 to focus on its successor, the SPAS-15. Despite its low adoption by military and law enforcement and a very brief run on the civilian market, the SPAS-12 is still quite a famous shotgun, as its distinctive, menacing appearance, and its loud, unique report when firing made it ideal for many movies, TV shows, and video games.
Apart from its dual-mode operation, the SPAS-12 has several other unique features with tactical use in mind. Its folding stock reduces the weapon's total length by 22 cm (8.5 in). A hook is also attached to the end of the stock; the hook can be used as a carrying handle while the stock is folded, but its main purpose is for the shooter to put their forearm through it with the stock unfolded. This counterbalances the weapon's weight, and allows for one-handed firing. Finally, a magazine cutoff allows a user to load and fire a round without having to empty the rest of the magazine first; this further complements the SPAS-12's ability to fire both lethal and less-lethal rounds.
SPAS-12 has red eyes and white hair done into pigtails. She wears a uniform consisting of a navy blue button-up shirt with detached sleeves and a red bow worn at the collar; a pleated, red miniskirt with "GIS" printed in white on one of the pleats; navy blue thigh-high stockings; and navy blue sneakers with red accents. She has a utility belt with four speedloaders attached; additional shotgun shells are kept in holders on her armour plates and shield. The name "Jerry Miculek", a world-renowned speed shooter, is printed on her speedloaders.
Her left shoulder guard has an emblem featuring a red cog with flames emerging from the top; the acronym "GIS" is overlaid on top of the cog. The emblem, with its flames, is a reference to the insignia of the Carabinieri, the national paramilitary force of Italy; while "GIS" refers directly to the Gruppo di Intervento Speciale, a special ops unit within the Carabinieri. On the front of her extending shield is a logo closely resembling Franchi's logo. Closer to the bottom of the shield is the acronym "AWB" crossed out by a rectangular "no" sign, a reference to the SPAS-12's illegality under the Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB).
Gallery consisting of artworks used primarily in-game. For information on how to obtain certain costumes, see Skin Catalogue.
Alternate gallery consisting of artworks with slight alterations as well as miscellaneous artworks.
- SPAS-12's fondness for eating and her more plump figure are likely a reference to the gun's heavy weight (4.4 kg/9.68 lbs).
- SPAS-12's artist, Terras, has posted what was apparently SPAS-12's uniform before she became a Griffin T-Doll (see image on the gallery above). The bottom left of the image shows her real name, Sabrina Franchi.
- The name is also used frequently when characters refer to SPAS-12 in story dialogue.
- The "Marching Band" Costume for SPAS-12 is an exclusive costume to those who pre-purchased the 2nd volume of the Official Girls' Frontline Artbook, making her the 3rd T-Doll to have a merchandise-exclusive costume. The other three T-Dolls with this distinction are SMG UMP45 UMP45 , RF SV-98 SV-98 and AR AK-12 AK-12 .
- SPAS-12 operates her shotgun in pump-action mode in-game, despite her gun being capable of faster semi-automatic fire.
- In her damaged artwork, the stock of her shotgun is unfolded, whereas normally she has it folded up.
- The patch shown on her design is also present on RF TAC-50 TAC-50 which appears to be a duck-billed platypus skull.
- Terras's avatar/persona is a duck-billed platypus.
- Despite the abundance of speedloaders she carries, SPAS-12 reloads her shells one-by-one.